PlaydoughPages Main Menu
Playdough Projects Menu
Beads and Jewelry
Previous Project Next Project
WHAT YOU NEED
- playdough tools
- toothpicks or skewers or pencils
- string (ribbon, yarn, cord, etc)
- other beads (pony beads, etc)
WHAT YOU DO
- Make balls of playdough.
- Roll the balls in your hand until they are very smooth.
(Balls with cracks or lines in the dough will break apart as they dry.)
- Put a tooth pick or other stick through the bead, to make the hole.
(the younger kids need bigger beads and bigger holes)
- Air dry or bake, according to the recipe.
- String the beads and make a necklace or bracelet.
Make the best necklaces by using the right color for the season. Use red and green dough at Christmas, or make all blue beads for your local Blueberry Festival or red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July. Use other kinds of store-bought beads in between the playdough beads as spacers and to personalize each necklace. This will also let young children practice the basic math skill of making patterns.
Are you on the wrong planet?