PlaydoughPages Main Menu
Playdough Projects Menu
Easy Preschool Playdough Recipe
(Here's the short version of Zock's famous recipe.)
- Use equal parts of salt and flour.
- Mix together in bowl.
- Add water slowly, while you stir, until the dough starts to make a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on the table.
- Dump the ball of dough out onto the floured table.
- Play with it.
- If it starts to feel sticky, add a little more flour and a little more salt.
- For lighter colors, add food coloring to the water.
- For brighter colors, add food coloring to the dough.
This dough will keep for a long time in a plastic bag.
It is really cheap to make. When it gets yucky, throw it away and make some more.
This dough dries hard, so be sure to wipe off your table before that happens.
Projects made with this simple dough can air dry and will last for a long time.
For step-by-step instructions with photographs, click here.
Are you on the wrong planet?